Your time and health are important, but with today’s busy lifestyles, many women don’t have the time to seek out complete healthcare services. With this in mind, we offer comprehensive health and wellness services specifically centered around women’s needs.
About Gynecology and Obstetrics
Gynecology and Obstetrics are the study of the female reproductive system. A gynecologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the reproductive organs. An obstetrician specializes in the health of a woman and her fetus during pregnancy. Often, a physician may be a certified gynecologist as well as obstetrician.
The most common conditions gynecologists and obstetricians diagnose and treat include:
Gynecologists and obstetricians perform a variety of tests and treatments ranging from prescription medicine regimens to minimally invasive to major surgeries. The most common gynecology procedures include:
- Pap Smear
- Tubal Ligation (Sterilization)
How to Choose a Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Choosing a gynecologist/obstetrician is one of the most important decisions you make with regard to your health. Here are some tips to keep in mind when searching for a gynecologist/obstetrician:
- Ask your primary care physician for a referral to a gynecologist/obstetrician they trust.
- Also seek recommendations from friends, family and co-workers.
- Check to see which gynecologists/obstetricians are included among your insurance’s specialty providers.
- Use your internet resources and research reviews, credentials and locations of gynecologists/obstetricians in your area.
- Select a gynecologist/obstetrician with whom you feel comfortable asking questions and who listens in return.
- Consider the gynecologist/obstetrician’s availability in scheduling appointments as well as ease of access in reaching the office.