The following facilities offer digital mammography services which often result in quicker and less painful exams, and allow for more detailed images of breast mammogram studies. This is especially helpful for women with dense or fibrous breasts, and women between the ages of 40 and 50.
The Benefits of Digital Mammography:
- Digital mammography allows the radiologist to review your test on a computer screen.
- High image quality with the ability to enhance and manipulate the image for further evaluation.
- High quality image makes it easier to differentiate cancer tissue from normal tissue.
- Digital mammography is ideal in detecting breast abnormalities in women under 50 or women with dense breast tissue, who are often at higher risk for breast cancer.
- The images can be magnified to better visualize calcifications.
- Digital images are obtained with up to 60% less radiation exposure to the woman than film images.
- Digital mammography is faster so the mammogram exam is shorter.
- Digital images can be stored permanently, with the ability to print on film.